Friday 1 August 2008

0/40/21

So, now about this spec, the threat-spec :p

First off, why would I spec like this.
Lately, with all the BoJ-rewards and ZA-stuff, I sometimes get the idea of holding back the dps (at least in the first few minutes of the fight). So Now I am trying out this 'Wordlie'-spec.

What did I diss...and why?
-Blessings of Kings
In Raids I can go without this, enough pallies around :P, and tbh, If I need this in 5-mans...the healers are slacking. I always use BoSanc in heroics these days for threat.
-Precision
SO, less white hits, some more misses on Avengers Shield.. oh wait, see below. Was already one of the talents suited for replacing...
-Ardent Defender
Because I now have the 'Tankadin'-addon, I now knew how many times that saved me, around 10 times a week, and then I die anyhow... I can't remember that AD actually saved me from dead, only postponing it....
-Spell Warding
Oh, wait, I already took tha out for the PoJ-spec :p
-Benediction
This one had me scratching my head...but Seals arent that costly on mana I suppose, and T6 gives enough damage to refresh mana, although I will have problems with heroics... probably taking it back...
-Avengers Shield...
This is ofcourse the pinnacle-point of this spec... loosing Captain America's Shield. Why? Well... tbh, the only fight it is usefull on in T5, is Leotheras. I dont see another fight where it couldn't body/judgement-pull or use my decapitator. It will hurt a little in heroics... but I am Raid-specced... Of course, my starting aggro will be 600 lower.. but with this spec I will have that 600 back in 3 seconds I figure.

What did I gain...and why?
-3/5 Reckoning
Just search for the theorycraft... 3/5 is good enough, and will give me about 3% more threat.
-Imp. Blessing of Might
A Raid-buff, thinking about getting Benediction back... any melee-dps/hunter would love this, and it scales better everytime you cast it... we'll see
-Imp. Seal of the Crusader
3% more crit for the whole raid..... 'nuff said
-Crusade
3% more damage=3% more threat against almost all the mobs we are fighting now...
-Sanctity Auro
10% more holy damage= around 7% more threat

So...I am looking at a threat-increase of around 13%.....
Let's see if it works.

No comments: