Sunday 16 July 2023

C-c-c-c-changes

I have to look it up, but somewhere it was mentioned that they removed the permanent option on Water Elemental, now it just spawns with Icy veins, because people where not actually speccing it anyway... well.. no shit Sherlock.. it was paired with Loneley Winter which was just a very big DPS-gain. It's not that people didn't want a permanent buddy, it's because you made it a dps-loss, and mage is a DPS-class....

Having that out of my system, the new Frost is interesting, and it forced me to change my Standard UI. I lost one spell, that is Rune of Power, but I gained three, Comet Storm, Glacial Spike and Ray of Frost. And I gained an utility, Mass barrier. That is 3 spells that at least need to be hot-keyed. And I also needed to have bigger acces to Damage reduction spells.



So I activated a new bar for all my DR's and put them all there. It has to be seen if that is handy, but at least I can see them more clearly now, and they are no longer on my hotbar, which may become a problem, have to test that in the next few weeks.

I already 'played' with the new spec on Tuesday's Raid (pre-patch). It was actually not that much of a dps-loss, and because we were farming lower-HC, it didn't matter much. I died several times because I was trying to figure out what to cast, instead of looking below my feet, but that is training. One thing I did noticed was that the new 'combo' can take a while.

In a situation that actually happens a lot imho, the 'combo' can take upto 10 seconds. I am talking about the next situation: Frostbolt-Flurry-Icestorm-Glacial Spike-Ray of Frost. On a boss like Experiments, where globes spawn that need to be killed fast, I noticed a lot of lost Winter Chills because I couldn't start the combo at the spawn. I should really learn to not use flurry, if I know target will not make it for the next 3 seconds.

So, the new casting memory is:

(with first spell having higher priority to following spells in case of choice)

Shatter-window:
Cast Flurry if last cast was Glacial Spike/Frostbolt or if Icicles=4
Cast Comet Storm
Cast Glacial Spike/Ice Lance
Cast Ray of Frost/Glacial Spike/Ice lance

Out of Shatter-window:
Cast Ice Lance with FoF-proc
Cast Frostbolt

Cooldowns:
Icy Veins on CD
Frozen Orb with Ray of Frost on CD and max 1 FoF-proc
Temporal Warp in Icy Veins
Shifting Power when IV,RoF,FO  are on CD (plus if you can do this in range)

.... and now it is Sunday, and we have Evokers, and we cleared it all rather easy upto Echo of Neltharion.. and this was what I was looking at after Magmorax: 



I guess Frost is better, and I promise not to eat the Evokers?

No comments: