Tuesday 30 March 2021

The Burning Crusade, or why I doubt I can spec 0/40/21 again.

 Those where the days. 

The days I fell in love with this game.

The days I spend to much time levelling.... as protection Paladin.

The days of the legendary forum of maintankadins.

And still on-going blogs like Honor's Code and Blessing of Kings where I learned how-to

And it will not happen again.

Yes, TBC-Classic will launch, and I will level a Horde Paladin, and I will spec him protection somewhere, this time with the posibility to have the Alliance-seal. But after all those years, nothing new will come along, there will be no surprises.

I will not be ported of the boat to the Exodar on my Dwarf Hunter because I didn't had the expansion yet.

I will not run into a cow shaman called Spectre several times during leveliing.

I will not be invited to the guild he is in, and leaving that guild with him.

All those things are past, the new things the game gave me back then. Those are all memories of people I long lost touch with. Spectre who stopped playing due to real life. Placebo, Hellcatherin, Cochana, Nagkeen, Morhen, to name but a few.

I am still in touch with Orkishna, Jorky and Kemwer. Those are the only ones I still know what they do these days. So many years have passed since I was a Bloodelf Maintankadin. And I still look fondly to those 2-3 years, long being smothered by new memories as Innovations Boomkin.

And yes I will level, and do a lot of those dungeons from memory. But I am afraid this time no one will do it like back then. A lot less CC will be used...and if used, will be broken, beause who knows CC these days. And I will play it for a while, but probably, or certainly no raiding. I can only fit so many hours of WoW in a week.

And so I will not get that axe you can throw from Kara, I will not get the T5+ almost T6 gear to actually NOT spec into Captain America's Shield. So I will not spec into the "Wordlie" Spec I really liked back then, 0/40/21.

I will use the next script:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*150/355 + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

And for the new tankadins, starting Kara with 11.8k health and a little under the 102.4% is not a sin.

And remember...

When in doubt, round them up, and consecrate.

No comments: